The INTERNET Database of Periodic Tables
There are hundreds of periodic tables in web space, but there is only one comprehensive database of periodic tables & periodic system formulations. If you know of an interesting periodic table that is missing, please contact the database curator: Dr Mark R Leach.
Selected Papers on The Periodic Table by Eric Scerri
Edited by Eric Scerri (University of California, Los Angeles, USA)
Published by: Imperial College Press in London
The book contains key articles by Eric Scerri, the leading authority on the history and philosophy of the periodic table of the elements. These articles explore a range of topics such as the historical evolution of the periodic system as well as its philosophical status and its relationship to modern quantum physics. In this present volume, many of the more in-depth research papers, which formed the basis for this publication, are presented in their entirety; they have also been published in highly accessible science magazines (such as American Scientist), and journals in history and philosophy of science, as well as quantum chemistry. This must-have publication is completely unique as there is nothing of this form currently available on the market.
- Chemistry, Spectroscopy, and the Question of Reduction
Electronic Configuration Model, Quantum Mechanics and Reduction
- The Periodic Table and the Electron
- How Good is the Quantum Mechanical Explanation of the Periodic System
- Prediction and the Periodic Table
- Löwdin's Remarks on the Aufbau Principle and a Philosopher's View of Ab Initio Quantum Chemistry
- Mendeleev's Legacy
- The Role of Triads in the Evolution of the Periodic Table: Past and Present
- The Past and Future of the Periodic Table
- The Dual Sense of the Term "Elements", Attempts to Derive the Madelung Rule, and the Optimal Form of the Periodic Table, If Any
Readership: Academic readers: philosophers and science historians, science
educators, chemists and physicists.
Pub. date: Scheduled Fall 2009
200pp (approx.) Pub. date: Scheduled Fall 2009
1-84816-425-4 US$88 / £66
Top of Page
|Periodic Table, What is it showing?
© Mark R. Leach 1999-
Queries, Suggestions, Bugs, Errors, Typos...
If you have any:
Suggestions or periodic table representations not shown on this page
Suggestions for links
Bug, typo or grammatical error reports about this page,
contact Mark R. Leach, the author, using firstname.lastname@example.org
This free, open
access web book is an ongoing project and your input is appreciated.
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our blog directory.
counter started in 2011